Friday, March 7, 2014

Sketch a Day Challenge: Day 1

As much as I'm trying to push myself forward into the art field, I have to admit that I don't have the best time-management skills to stay on top of everything.  Especially when others want my labour on a last minute basis.  I need to be more active with my artwork (also my health but that isn't the topic here) and so I decided to give myself a challenge based off a school assignment routine from my art classes.

Starting today, for each day for this year, I'm going to start doing a sketch a day.  These sketches can be as plain as still-life or anything off the top of my head; maybe they'll get made into final illustrations some day.  The point is to get myself back into the routine of drawing and conceptualizing everyday like I'm doing daily walks again now that Spring is starting to show in order to strength my muscles and burn calories (again different topic but still a good thing to do).  I'm likely to post them in the evenings.  So to finish off, here's my first sketch:

Nuke (future Crystalium character) happily in an ice cream bowl.

The next post will be less wordy with the exception of explaining the sketch's content.


No comments:

Post a Comment