Monday, March 17, 2014

SDC: Day 10

I've been getting into reading some books related to art practices lately.  The current one right now is called, "Steal like an Artist" by... (grabbing the book to see the author's name) an Austin Kleon.  I'd actually saw this book on one of my recent downtown day trips; found a library copy to read instead before buying one.  It's a good one to check out if you're struggling with a creative block or looking for new ways of thinking, to get new ideas.  When I'm done with the book (and when the Spring weather finally settles in), I buy myself a copy.

Edea helping Squit
Got a little more enthusiastic in my sketch today, with my own characters.  Watching on Youtube a Let's play of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (a joint RPG with Studio Ghibli and Level-5) while sketching.  John Lasseter is right, watching Studio Ghibli's works does get the creative juices flowing.  Seeing any good works would probably do.

No comments:

Post a Comment