Friday, June 22, 2012

For all dog owners

Here's a recent piece, based on recent news reports about dog owners leaving their dogs inside their vehicles while on trips.  There's been two cases in the news, where one dog had died due to dehydration from inside its owners' car while outside under the sun.  Despite a narrowly-opened window, the air inside was heating up quickly.  Even after paramedics had broke into the car to get the dog out to revive, the poor dog died shortly afterwards.  The owners were charged for negligence who were inside an air-conditioned mall when this happened.

As an animal lover, this had affected me and I felt inspired to make this piece.  Hopefully the message here can teach others to be more careful about where to leave their animals.  It's in display on my editorial page right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment